We are looking for a new assistant manager to join an exciting team at our Market Basket location. You will help to make sure the team complies with company policies, resolving customer complaints, leading the team, and organize the team’s schedule.
Assistant store management candidates are trained in all functions of store management. They have full responsibility of the store in the absence of the store manager. Daily routine and assignments consistently require skill and knowledge closely related to the position of store manager, to include merchandising the sales floor. Product knowledge, and supervisory experience a plus. Assistant store managers must be committed to excellent customer service. This position offers flexible hours (days, evenings, and weekends) and valuable growth potential.
An ideal candidate will have previous experience as a team lead or as an assistant manager. Excellent customer service skills, organization, team mentoring, and retail experience are a plus.
- Assisting the store manager in all areas of daily business operations, customer service and merchandising.
- Coordinating, monitoring and reporting on daily operations.
- Managing employee schedules, conducting performance reviews and enforcing disciplinary actions.
- Monitoring and maintaining suitable store inventory levels.
- Assisting with the development of new sales and recruitment strategies.
- Ensuring the store environment complies with health and safety regulations.
- Maintaining a clean, organized and aesthetically pleasing store front.
- Resolving customer complaints and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that store policies and procedures are followed.
- High school diploma/ GED
- Previous retail management experience
- Experience in training and managing a team
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Good math skills
- Attention to detail
- Medical/ Dental/ Vision/ Life
- Short term/ long term disability